Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Don't let me get Hangry

Aside from the people I meet, some of the most memorable travel moments and stories revolve around food.  I like to think I have a pretty healthy diet but when it comes to traveling I generally have no rules.  Street food? Definitely  Mystery meat? Sure, why not.  "I'm not telling you what this is, you just have to try it" Fine. Actually, I'm not even good at the 'don't drink the water in xxx', i'll try to improve on that one though.  With food, my motto is to try anything once, worst thing that happens is you don't like it, okay so then try something else.  For the first 25 years of my life this has done me pretty well, so I don't see a reason to change a thing.  Although the people in the Philippines left a lasting impression on me with a strong desire to return the food was just, well, food.  It wasn't amazing but it never disappointed either, but i'm sure there's lots I didn't even try so i'll get those on my next visit. 


Over-tired and a bit stressed out in Cebu we stumbled across Halo-halo
Maybe we should have kept walking

The Hawaiian pizza called our names 
Good compared to what we can get in Korea, but so small :( 


So many delicious Eggplants

Lunch before the underground river - delicious but rushed
Grilled fish, Kangkong, pork, chicken and rice


Seafood Paella at the Badjao floating restaurant, Puerto Princesa 
~~ I need to go to Spain for the real version ~~

So much to choose from, street stalls in El Nido 

What I wound up with - chicken and rice 

Feast prepared by our boatmen in El Nido
Chicken, Pork, Fish, Squid, Eggplant, fruit and of course rice

Falafel with hummus at Blue Azule 
unfortunately didn't get a picture of my amazing burger

Perfect breakfast spot 

First of many Filipino breakfasts, Tosilog
Sweet marinated pork, fried egg, garlic rice, fruit and coffee

Not food, but I had to document our "mini bar"
Yes, a bottle of rum in the Philippines will cost you roughly $2

We demolished those shrimps 


Chicken adobo to go with a beautiful sunset 

Went the American route this time
Veggie omelet, HOMEMADE bread (big deal coming from Korea) and fresh fruit

Giving Tosilog another try, this time at the El Nido Corner
^^not a bad view at all^^

My pathetic little lunch on the boat to Coron

Stranded and hungry on a boat, anything tastes delicious

Feast with Ian in Coron
Lumpiang (spring rolls), Pork Sisig, and Pancit Bihon

Final breakfast, gave the longinisa a try 
surprisingly enjoyed that breakfast sausage

FRUIT

Final meal in the Philippines and one of the best
Chicken BBQ, Garlic Rice and Adobo Kangkong 

It wasn't very tasty...


No comments:

Post a Comment